Please click here to see the REVISED 2021-22 School Year NPS School Bus Routes
AS OF 08/29/2021 10:00 AM
The K-12 bus pass system that launched last year will be used again. Students will swipe in with their bus pass upon entering the bus. The equipment works in cooperation with the GPS tracking system installed on the buses. There is a digital dashboard, which provides the district with reports of students’ daily attendance on buses. Stay tuned for information on the new parent tracking app that will roll out in September.
Bus Pass Distribution Information:
- Elementary and Middle School students (grades 1-5 and 7-8) who were issued a bus pass last school year should continue to use the pass for this school year.
- Incoming Kindergarten and Sixth grade students will obtain new passes in school during the first week in September.
- High School students (in grades 10-12) who were issued a bus pass last year should continue to use the pass for this school year. Incoming Ninth grade students will obtain new passes in school during the first week in September.
- If you are a new student to Norwalk and you are eligible for the bus, a new bus pass will be issued in school during the first week in September. If you need have questions regarding eligibility please contact your school office.
As part of our health and safety measures, NPS will continue using the standard protocols to keep both students and staff safe while riding the bus. As a reminder:
- Masks are required to ride the bus at all times. If a student arrives to the stop without a mask, one will be provided by the bus driver.
- Students will have an assigned area on the bus based on where their bus stop is scheduled on the route. Students will adhere to the drivers directions on seating as they enter the bus. As they enter they will be expected to sit in the last empty seat available and fill the empty seats from the back to the front of the bus.
- Students will not change buses or stops and will remain in their assigned seats during the ride.
- On arrival at the building, staff will be available to direct students to their assigned entries.
Please have your student arrive at the scheduled bus stop 15 minutes prior to the estimated arrival time. As the school community is adjusting to full in person learning in addition to changing traffic patterns, bus schedules may differ from last school year. Though we try to do our very best to provide accurate pickup times, we ask that families allow a grace period as we adjust to the start of the school year.
Durham School Services is our bus company and can be reached at 203-428-4192 between the hours of 6am and 6pm.
To find out what time your child's school begins and ends click here. Students may arrive 15 minutes prior to the bell times that are listed on the website.