Family Support for Students with Disabilities
Norwalk Public Schools is pleased to offer a new service to provide confidential suppot and guidance to parents and guardians ofchildren with specialized learning needs.
What Can An Ombudsperson Do For You?
- Provide suppport by clarifying challenges and generating options for resolution.
- Provide support while facilitating a collaborative approach between parents, child’s school, and District.
- Provide support by helping to identify relevant resources to support your child’s education.
- Provide assistance in contacting District staff who can help resolve educational concerns.
INFORMACION EN ESPAÑOL
- Educación para adultos
- Departamento de Servicios de Desarrollo
- Servicios voluntarios para apoyo a la familia
- Suicidio Juvenil (Alerta de Salud y apoyo)
- Guía de información sobre Violencia Domestica
- Alimentos, utilidades, covid-19 y otros servicios
- Guía para acceder alimentos en Norwalk
- Asistencia de alimentos durante COVID-19
- Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault
- Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Intervention Suicide Prevention
- Voluntary Services Program
- Beacon Health Options – Voluntary Care Management Program
SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
- Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center
- Department of Developmental Services
- Connecticut Department of Social Services
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Counseling Services for Children and Families
- Adult Mental Health | FS Dubois Center
- United Way 211
- NAMI Connecticut – Mental Health Support
- SWCMHS Mobile Crisis Center
- The United Way of Connecticut
- Local Food Bank in Connecticut
- Norwalk Housing Authority
- Goodwill of Western & Northern Connecticut