TO APPLY FOR A POSITION
Thank you for your interest in joining Norwalk Public Schools. Please note that our district only accepts online applications. You must complete a pre-employment application online. Applicants must submit them through the AppliTrack system. To get to the system, click the Apply Now link under on the left hand menu section of this page. Submit the completed application, resume, letters of reference (3), copies of transcripts and proof of certification (if required) along with your cover letter. These items should be scanned and attached to your application. You may indicate interest in specific positions as they are posted.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION --The Norwalk Board of Education is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and it does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, civil union, military or veteran status, national origin, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, or past or present physical or mental disability in any of its education programs, activities, or employment policies. All educational programs and offerings, including vocational education and extracurricular activities, subscribe to this policy.
- Information regarding teacher certification and the application form
- College and Universities offering teacher certification coursework
- Norwalk Public Schools Diversity Employment Plan and Commitment to Affirmative Action
WHAT BENEFITS DO NORWALK PUBLIC SCHOOL EMPLOYEES HAVE?
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Certified Personnel- Pension Plan with Teacher's Retirement Board (TRB); 457 and 403b
- Competitive Salaries
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Credit Unions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous Paid Time Off - may vary based on the collective bargaining agreement
- Life Insurance
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Beginnings Orientation - before the start of employment
- Non- Residents of Norwalk can send their children to Norwalk Public Schools
- Non-Certified Personnel 401a with a district match; 457 and 403b
- Opportunity to participate in the Student Governance Councils (SGC)
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Rich Health Care Benefits - Medical, Vision, and Dental
- TEAMS Mentor Program
- Wellness Initiatives and Information
QUESTIONS ABOUT VACANCIES:
- All openings are posted on our Applitrack Job board.
- If you do not see a particular position on our job board, then the position is not available.
TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH APPLITRACK:
- If you are experiencing difficulty with your application please email Help@frontlineeducation.com
AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION:
- Once you have applied to a position of interest, you will receive an auto generated email message acknowledging receipt of your application.
- Following your submission of your resume and application, your documents will be reviewed by a member of the hiring department and the school/department that the position reports to.
- Your application and credentials are reviewed against the requirements for the role you've expressed interest in.
- You will then be contacted from the hiring department/building if there is an interest in your candidacy.
- Human Resources will NOT KNOW the status of your application, or the interview process status. Only at the offer stage will you be contacted by Human Resources to extend an offer.
NORWALK PUBLIC SCHOOLS RECRUITMENT BROCHURE
While we look forward to learning more about you, here is a recruitment brochure to help you learn more about us! Excitement and opportunity abounds at Norwalk Public Schools when you join “Connecticut’s #1 City School District”.
How to fast-track a cross-endorsement
Here is some information about fast-track for Special Education cross-endorsement: