Interns, Student Teachers, Practicum
Welcome, Potential Interns and Student Teachers!
In order to be considered for a student teaching, internship, or practicum placement in our district, please contact Kate Curran and Scott Santaniello in our Human Resources Department. Your college or university field placement office must submit a placement request by clicking on this link in order to be considered. Human Resources and members of a school's administration team may reach out to schedule an interview to determine an appropriate placement. Once you have been accepted to complete your student teaching, internship, or practicum placement with us, our district requires certain paperwork to be completed prior to beginning your placement.
Please do not contact the school directly. All placement requests must go through the Human Resources Department.
Please contact Kate Curran (email@example.com) and Scott Santaniello (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your college or university is interested in forming a partnership to create a direct career pathway between student teachers and interns and the Norwalk Public Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
What paperwork will I need to complete from the Human Resources Department?
- DCF Background Check
- Emergency Contact Information
- Connecticut Mandated Reporter Training Certificate (link to the training)
- Headshot for your NPS photo identification
What happens after a university submits a placement request?
- Human Resources will review the request.
- Human Resources will reach out to specific schools to determine the schools' interest in supporting a placement.
- Once a school has agreed to a placement, the student will be contacted by Human Resources and the principal of the school to set up an informal interview. This interview is to determine whether placement is a good fit for all.
- Principals will offer the position if the placement is a good fit.
- Human Resources will send a confirmation of placement email and reach out to students to complete the necessary paperwork.
- NOTE: Student interns may have an informal interview with Human Resources prior to having an interview with a school's administration team to help determine the best placement.
For additional information: